How do I attend the conference?
*The application form fields can be completed and saved using Adobe Acrobat Reader from version IX onwards. If you have an earlier version please download and install the latest version from the Adobe website: https://get.adobe.com/uk/reader/
Alternatively, if you encounter problems, you may print out and scan the completed form instead and send that as an attachment. Or you may send a paper copy to the postal address specified on the second page of the form.
The closing date for completed applications is Wednesday, 28 September 2016, noon BST (GMT+1).
How much does it cost?
For those currently affiliated to our sponsoring Institutions (University of St Andrews and SOAS, University of London) there is no attendance fee. However, please note you will still need to register and places are limited.
For other attendees the costs are set out in the application form.
Thanks to the generosity of the Honeyman Foundation there are a limited number of bursaries available of up to £100 each for the purposes of facilitating attendance at the conference. These are directed primarily at students (UG, PG) and postdoctoral fellows currently enrolled at UKHEIs studying a topic area relevant to the conference. The bursaries can be used against travel and/or accommodation only. Please note that the bursaries are offered on a first-come-first-served basis and that you will need to make contact with the conference organiser to express interest in this scheme before Wednesday, 28 September 2016, noon BST (GMT+1). In addition to be eligible you will need to:
- Attend the conference on at least two of the three days the conference runs.
- Provide a written communication (e-mail is acceptable) from your Institution (e.g. Head of School, PhD supervisor, Departmental Administrator) to indicate that monies are not available or are insufficient from your own Institution to assist with your travel and accommodation associated with this conference.
- Provide receipts for expenses being claimed (each receipt will need to show you have paid, how much you have paid, that you are the recipient of the service and the vendor’s details).
- Travel must be to/from St Andrews on dates near the conference (within period 26 Sept 2016 – 9 Oct. 2016 inclusive).
- Accommodation should generally be in St Andrews or the immediate vicinity and cover nights falling within 1 Oct. to 4 Oct. 2016 inclusive.
Please make enquiries for assistance via firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I get to St Andrews?
The University website provides useful information on various methods for getting to St Andrews. Please refer to the following URL: http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/about/visiting/travel/
Where can I stay?
The website www.visitstandrews.com provides a wide range options for places to stay in St Andrews. Please refer to the following URL: http://www.visitstandrews.com/stay/ for accommodation information.